Sydney commuters look to be in for a long trip home, with disruptions still affecting travel on the train network this afternoon.
This comes after over 100 train staff called in sick this morning, resulting in services being cancelled and lengthy delays, particularly on the T8 line.
Transport NSW have advised that extra travel time should be taken into account before heading home this afternoon, with wet weather also impacting on services.
Affected routes include:
- T2 City to Parramatta or Leppington
- T2 Parramatta or Leppington to City
- T3 City to Liverpool or Lidcombe via Bankstown
- T3 Liverpool or Lidcombe to City via Bankstown
- T8 City to Macarthur via Airport or Sydenham
- T8 Macarthur to City via Airport or Sydenham
Commuters are advised to check indicator boards and listen to announcements, as well as use real-time apps for updates.