Eugenie wore a long sleeved dress designed by Peter Pilotto and Christopher De Vos.
Princess Eugenie’s Wedding dress has been designed by Peter Pilotto and Christopher De Vos, who founded the British based label Peter Pilotto, in London in 2007. The brand is known for its innovative textile design, paired with a modern feminine silhouette.
Princess Eugenie met the designers when she was co-hosting an event in support of women artists. Her Royal Highness has been wearing designs by the brand for several years.
Princess Eugenie, Mr Pilotto and Mr De Vos have worked closely together on the design of the dress. The designers undertook archive research into previous dresses worn by Members of the Royal Family and identified a silhouette.
During several fittings the dress was developed layer by layer, constructing it from the corset and the complex underskirt to the fitted bodice and full pleated skirt. The dress features a neckline that folds around the shoulders to a low back that drapes into a flowing full length train. The low back feature on the dress was at the specific request of Princess Eugenie who had surgery aged 12 to correct scoliosis.
The fabric was designed by Mr Pilotto and Mr De Vos at their studio in East London and includes a number of symbols that are meaningful to Princess Eugenie as motifs.
The symbols are a Thistle for Scotland acknowledging the couple's fondness for Balmoral, a Shamrock for Ireland as a nod to the Bride's Ferguson family, the York Rose and ivy representing the couple's home.
Peter Pilotto and Christopher De Vos have reinterpreted these symbols in a garland of rope like motifs, woven into a jacquard of silk, cotton and viscose blend.
Once the artwork was completed, it was translated into a jacquard weave in the Como region of Italy. The result is a very modern looking fabric using a highly intricate weaving technique.
Princess Eugenie is wearing the Greville Emerald Kokoshnik Tiara, lent to her by Her Majesty The Queen. The tiara was made by Boucheron for Mrs Greville in 1919 in the fashionable ‘kokoshnik’ style popularised in the Russian Imperial Court.
The tiara is made of brilliant and rose cut diamonds pavé set in platinum, with six emeralds on either side. The tiara was bequeathed by Mrs Greville to Queen Elizabeth in 1942.
Princess Eugenie is wearing diamond and emerald drop ear-rings which are a Wedding gift from the Groom.
The Wedding shoes are satin peep-toe heels by Charlotte Olympia.
The Bride’s Bouquet
The Wedding bouquet, created by floral designer Rob Van Helden's sister, Patrice Van Helden Oakes, consists of Lily of the Valley, Stephanotis pips, hints of baby blue thistles, white spray roses and trailing ivy.
Sprigs of myrtle from Osbourne House are also included in the bouquet. The tradition of carrying myrtle began after Queen Victoria was given a nosegay containing myrtle by Prince Albert’s grandmother during a visit to Gotha in Germany. In the same year, Queen Victoria and Prince Albert bought Osborne House as a family retreat, and a sprig from the posy was planted against the terrace walls, where it continues to thrive today.
The myrtle was first carried by Queen Victoria's eldest daughter, Princess Victoria, when she married in 1858.
Bridal Hair and Make-Up
Princess Eugenie's hair was styled by Sonny-Jo MacFarlane, Hari's, with make-up by Hannah Martin, Bobbi Brown.
Maid of Honour
Princess Beatrice is wearing an outfit by Ralph and Russo and a hat by Sarah Cant.
Bridesmaids’ Dresses and Page Boys' Uniforms
These were designed by Amaia Arrieta of Amaia Kids. The design incorporates the Mark Bradford artwork included in the Order of Service.
The Bridesmaids' flowers are by Rob Van Helden and reflect the design of the Bridal bouquet. The Bridesmaids each have posies of Lily of the Valley and spray roses.
Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor is wearing a dress by Claudie Pierlot and hat by Emily London.
Mother of the Bride's Dress
Sarah, Duchess of York is wearing a dress designed by local Windsor company Emma Louise Design, with a vintage Manolo Blahnik bag. The bag was carried by Susan Barrantes at the Wedding of The Duke and Duchess of York in 1986.